Tuesday 2 May 2017

Marvel Legends Ghost Rider (Terrax Series)





I haven't kept up with what's been going on with Ghost Rider. The online images of this figure were the first I've seen of him with blue flames. I did a quick check. I think this is supposed to be Danny Ketch and the blues flames came about after he got his powers from Zadkiel. Do correct me if I'm wrong.









On to the figure. I like the headsculpt. Or I should say the the paint on his head. The various shades of blue makes it look like his whole head is in flames and not just at the top of it. I think some black mixed in would make him look even better, it would give it more contrast. I really like how some blue was painted on his shoulder pads and costume. It gives the effect of the glow from his flames.


He's wearing what appears to be an armoured tailcoat. I'm fine with the front but I don't like the back view of it. To be more specific, the tail ends. They remind me of a conductor's or band uniform. I think they could have done without the tail ends in this design. Or if they must, make it a trenchcoat or something. The coat on the figure is rather big and bulky. It makes his torso look short, thus making him stumpy looking overall. It prevents him from putting his arms down by sides. There are pegs on the coat which you can release to allow his arms more room, but then his coat will be lopsided. You can remove his coat if you wanted to but it is very troublesome. There's great detail on his shoulder pads, gauntlets and leg plates. There's some design on them but the best parts are the dents, cracks and charred appearance.





























To illustrate the musician's look. I can imagine him playing all sorts of instruments and he'll still look cool. Any idea what song he's singing? No prizes for guessing though.






Here he is with his coat removed. He looks pretty good.











Articulation. He's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hinge hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and swivel hinge ankles. The shoulder pads prevent him from raising his arms.













He needs a bike. If I were to make one I would use the ML3 Ghost Rider's bike as I like it better. That's a project for another time.





























Some comparison shots. He's around the same height as most other normal sized 6" scale figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment